Maintenance mode 23:30 tonight

Hi — we need to run some updates to our database at 23:30 tonight.

This will entail us going into maintenance mode for around 15 minutes.

We’ll keep the downtime as short as possible, and in the meantime thank you very much for bearing with us.




PayPal issues for guest checkout

Hi — we’ve been investigating reports of some issues when some buyers are trying to use the PayPal guest checkout.

PayPal have informed us that there is an issue that they are aware of where some guest checkouts are failing.

They assure us that they will be pushing a fix out for this at around 11pm GMT.

We’ll keep you posted as to any developments, and would like to offer our apologies (and pass along PayPal’s apologies) for any inconvenience caused.

In the meantime, if a buyer is struggling to complete an order with PayPal’s guest checkout option, they could either log in to their PayPal account if they have one, or use the alternative checkout option at the bottom of the basket page if they haven’t.

Thankyou for your patience whilst this issue is attended to.


Maintenance mode at 07:15 today

Hi — we need to pop into maintenance mode for around 20 minutes or so at quarter past seven this morning.

This is to update the search index to support some changes to the codebase we need to push out.

We’ll keep it as quick as possible.

Thanks very much for bearing with us whilst we work on this.


Maintenance mode at 10:00 am today

Hi — we need to go into maintenance mode around 10:00 am, today.

This is to perform an upgrade to the queue that transports messages between the different parts of the Folksy stack.

As this is a key resource that impacts on every aspect of Folksy, we’ll need to be in maintenance mode for around 10-20 minutes.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this work, and we’re grateful as always to you all for your patience whilst we work on this.



Folksy issues resolved

Hi — we’re really sorry for those users that were getting sporadic fails on page loads.

We investigated in depth, rebuilt our load balancer, and rebooted all sorts of things, and we have the issue sorted, now.

Obviously I’ll keep monitoring the site and the load balancers, but hopefully we’re good again.

And again, we’re really sorry to anyone who was inconvenienced by this issue, and we’re really grateful as always to you all for bearing with us whilst we fixed it.



Folksy issues this morning

Hi — we’ve noticed some issues for some users this morning, where the site does not appear in the browser.

We believe this to be an issue with one of our load balancers, and are currently investigating a fix with our provider.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we’ll keep you updated as to progress.



Folksy maintenance mode between 08:00 and half past

Hi — we need to go into maintenance mode for around 15 minutes this morning, we’re thinking somewhere between 8 and half past.

This is to push some improvements and updates that we hope will totally be worth it. 🙂

Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime,


UPDATE: We’re still running tests on the code to be deployed, so this is behind schedule a little, maybe by 15 minutes.

Certificate issues fixed

Hi — we’re checking through things to see if there are any other issues generated by this, but I thought I’d put a quick update here — the site’s back up.

Thanks for bearing with us, it really is appreciated — I’m off back to checking things with a fine-toothed-comb, now!


Folksy’s certificate issues

Hello — we’re really sorry, we’re having issues with our certificate that we’re working to fix as quickly as possible.

We’ll let you know more when we know more.

In the meantime, please bear with us.



More updates to the search index

Hi — we’ve been looking into fixing a search-related bug, and have a fix for it that we’ll be pushing out in the next hour or so.

Whilst we’re pushing it out, some people might notice some issues with search. We’re hoping not, but it is a possibility.

In the worst case, we’d have to go into maintenance mode whilst we fixed the search errors, but (without tempting fate!) we don’t think it will come to that.

But I thought I should post this headsup that we’re tinkering with a few things up, to be on the safe side! 🙂

Thanks for your patience whilst we’re fixing things,